Director: Mrs. Akintole Adenike Adebukinola
Parastatals supervised by the Department
INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT
The formal instrument for the establishment of Internal Audit Departments\units in MDAs is the Financial Regulations.
According to the instrument, an Internal Audit is established to provide a comprehensive and continuous audit of the accounts and records of revenue and expenditure, plants, allocated and unallocated stores of government in such a way as to ensure compliance with extant rules and regulations so as to add value to the ministry’s operations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks the compliance with laws, instructions, and directives.
- Checks the adequacy/controls of financial and accounting systems put in place by management.
- Checks economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of disbursement of resources.
- Checks the level of achievement of set objectives.
- Checks the total operations of government to enhance accountability/transparency.
- Ensure proper recording/accounting of revenues.
- Issues and submits comprehensive, meaningful, and timely monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual audit reports.