PRESS AND PR UNIT
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Press and Public Relations Unit is tasked with the responsibility of managing and disseminating information on all the activities and programmes of the Ministry to the public through viable channels of communications.
- It co-ordinates the press activities of the Ministry and its 17 agencies with a view to ensuring that programmes and the activities of the Ministry and its Agencies are properly reported in the mass media.
- In ensuring efficiency, the unit employs appropriate various communication strategies to achieve its goals. These includes- Covering of the Honourable Minister’s courtesy calls and meetings with Supervising Directors of the Ministry as well as Director Generals / CEO‘s of Agencies.
- The unit also co-ordinates feedback mechanism through the available channels of communication such as newspapers, magazines, radios as well as television and the use of new media namely, internet, YouTube and face book, twitter handle etc
- In liaison with ICT department, the Unit ensures that information materials are uploaded on the ministry’s website and various social media platforms: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, blogs, live streaming Media, YouTube and emails
- Through Constant press briefings (through these briefings, FMST sensitizes the MDAs and policy makers on the need to mainstream and deploy Science and Technology in the diversification process of the current administration)
- News commentaries
- Interview segments.
- Editorial opinion /opinion write ups.
- Placement of advertisement among others.